John 20:21 (NKJV) says:
So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.”
Where do you go from here?
Start a Fire
Start Right Here
Where do you go from here?
Well, let’s re-cap …
- You are called to love God.
- You are called to love your neighbour.
- You are called to go – into all the world and make disciples.
- You are called to follow all the commandments! Remember? Jesus didn’t come to abolish the commandments, but to fulfil them. And the only way you can truly fulfil the commandments is for you to be in Jesus.
Put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfil its lusts.
Romans 13:14 (NKJV)
- You have been given gifts – what are yours?
- Put on the armour of God, to prepare yourself for the battle ahead.
- Pray – fervently, constantly, continuously – everything starts with prayer.
- As disciples of Jesus, you should know His teachings – starting with the Beatitudes;
- And following with the other teachings of Jesus.
- And as you pray, read the Bible, and become closer to God, you will be endued with Spiritual fruit. Cultivate fruit in your life.
- As you realise that you are part of the community of believers, along with other Christians, you help to fulfil your role in the church.
- You have a calling – and that calling will become more and more obvious as you follow Christ.
Now that you have completed the Discipleship programme – either through the book, the website, the weekly emails, or the app – it’s over to you!
What will you do?
“There’s no such thing as chance. Only a Creator of circumstances, and choice.” #MisfitsMinistries.
What is your calling? Are you called to teach, to preach, to pastor, to counsel, to comfort, to visit the sick or those in prison, to look after widows and orphans, to love your neighbour and run charitable enterprises, to evangelise, to go on mission to other countries, to lead worship, to disciple? Whatever it is, you are uniquely made and uniquely placed to do whatever it is that is God’s purpose for your life. You, and you alone. It may be to be the light of Christ in your family or your neighbourhood, being the guiding light for those who need your presence. It may be the voice at the end of the telephone, calling out to those who are lonely and in need of comfort. It may be a prayer warrior for others who go out into the battlefield, when you cannot venture far yourself. It may be cooking, cleaning, caring; it may be sorting, filing, and organising; it may be organising, planning, suggesting. It may be in the spotlight or behind the scenes; it may be big, it may be small; but whatever it is, it’s an important role – and only you are best-positioned to carry it out, it’s your purpose for God’s intricate plan.
He weaves an intricate tapestry, and only by looking back or looking from afar can you see how the big picture grows and lives. Every twist and turn; every step, every struggle, and every stumble; all for His purpose. He turns everything to good.
No matter where you are now – it’s where you are going that matters most. Although you have a destination, however, the journey here on earth is part of the plan. Seek out His purpose for your life, and step out.
If you’re not sure what to do, or what your purpose is, why not join us? Join us and help us share and run the Discipleship course – using the book, the website, the weekly emails, or the app – and make more disciples. That’s part of every Christian’s purpose here on earth – to make disciples.
If you do know what to do, why not share your calling with us – join us – let’s all help each other fulfil our calling – to go into all the world and make disciples.
Are you ready?
Join us on MisfitsMinistries.co.uk
Become a Mercy & Mission Mate
May we pray:
Heavenly Father, Thank You that you have chosen us as Your disciples. Help us fulfil Your purpose, to go and make disciples, and to fulfil your function in the church. We ask this in the precious name of your Son, Jesus Christ; Amen.
Why not buy the book, ‘Chosen – Called to Be a Disciple?’ (coming soon)
Why not start your own discipleship group using the resources here? Contact us for further details.
See you soon, Be Blessed.